1. The Kadaknath is an Indian breed of chicken.
2. It is a native bird of Madhya Pradesh, reared mainly by the tribal communities of Bhil and Bhilala.
3. The commonly available colours of kadaknath are jet-black, pencilled and golden. The bird is very popular among the adiwasis mainly due to its adaptability to the local environment, disease resistance, tasty meat quality, texture and flavour.
4. The bird was in high demand because of its extensive medicinal properties.
5. Kadaknath chicken contains many kinds of amino acids, Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, niacin, protein, fat etc.
1. Kadaknath chicks are of Madhyapradesh origin.
2. Kadaknath is Madhyapradesh's state bird.
3. This chick completely appears black throughout its body.
4. The colour of egg is pale yellow like country eggs.
5. Theses eggs are equal to country eggs in its nutrients.
6. MPM provides branded kadakanath eggs to consumers.